Two decades since Starbucks introduced the pumpkin spice latte, its rich blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and warm pumpkin has become an iconic herald of autumn, instantly conjuring cozy sweaters, colorful leaves and the unmistakable feeling of the season's arrival with its very first sip. Its enduring popularity has woven a spicy, comforting thread into a vast collection of fall product offerings, ranging from throw pillows to decadent cookies, as brands and consumers alike embrace the beloved flavor profile as an integral part of the autumn experience.
1. Popping a handful of pumpkin spice-flavored popcorn in your mouth is like capturing the essence of the fall harvest. Small, $6.50; Medium, $12.50; Large, $24. Bay Popcorn Co
., Sandusky, Ohio
2. Lighting a pumpkin spice soy candle from Lake Erie Candle Company
is an effortless way to fill your home with the delightful aroma of fresh-baked pumpkin pie, without the time and effort of baking. 12 oz., $19.99. Lake Erie Candle Co., Port Clinton, Ohio
3. There's no one way to use Pepper Tree Spice Co.
's signature blend of organic cinnamon, mace, nutmeg and other spices. In addition to pies, add the flavorful mixture to cakes, cookies, soups or sprinkle over ice cream. 4 oz, $9.20 CAD; 9 oz, $15.90CAD. Pepper Tree Spice Co., Port Stanley, Ontario
4. You’ll go nuts for Platter’s Pumpkin Spice Almonds and Pumpkin Spice Pecan Brittle, two ways to savor the flavor of the season. 8 oz., $9.95 (almonds), 7 oz., $8.95 (brittle). Platter's Chocolates
, North Tonawanda, New York
5. Come September, Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes
starts whipping up French macarons in delightful autumnal flavors, including Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Spice Latte (with sprinkles) and Spice Cake. $2.75 each, 6 for $16.50, 12 for $33. Kelsey Elizabeth Sweets Boutique, Rocky River, Ohio
6. Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Sea Salt Caramels are made with Sanders Candy's
classic recipe for kettle-cooked caramels, then infused with pumpkin spice. 7oz., $7.99. Sanders, Rochester, Michigan
7. Fans of pumpkin spice can snag Pumpkin Spice Soap ($7) from Erie Bubble
Company year-round, but its popular shower steamers ($4.50) are only around from August to December. Erie Bubble Company, Erie, Pennsylvania
Want more Lake Erie in your life? Subscribe to our free The Splash newsletter. It’s your guide to the best food, drinks, parks, beaches, shopping, festivals, music and more.