Discover 10 ways to create a winning getaway at Caesars Windsor in Windsor, Ontario.
A night at Caesars Windsor in Windsor, Ontario, is more than a stack of chips or spin at the roulette wheel. Here are 10 ways to create a winning get-away, even if the odds seem stacked against you.
1. Stay at the casino’s hotel — and ask for a room with a view of the river so that you can see the twinkling lights of Detroit and the barges passing by. caesars.com/caesars-windsor
2. Build in an extra day and explore the wineries on Lake Erie, including Viewpointe Estate and Sprucewood Shores Estate wineries. visitwindsoressex.com
3. Take a walk east along the Detroit River to see the 31 large-scale works at the Windsor Sculpture Park.
4. Take a walk west along the Detroit River to check out the tour telling the story of Canadian whiskey at the Hiram Walker & Sons Distillery. jpwiserstour.ca
5. Enjoy one of the best restaurants in the city at the casino’s own Neros Steakhouse, where you can go big with the 26-ounce porterhouse steak or keep it light with the Butterscotch Poached D’Anjou Pear Salad.
6. Enjoy breakfast just down the road at The Twisted Apron, where the Biscoff Lotus Pancakes compete with Breakfast Pierogies for a carb splurge that’s totally worth it. thetwistedapron.com
7. Check out Willistead Manor, a Tudor-Jacobean-style manor house with a total of 36 rooms that sits in the middle of a beautiful park. visitwindsoressex.com
8. Head to the Walkerville Brewery to learn about the rich history of beer in the area — and sip some yourself. walkervillebrewery.com
9. Make sure to sample Windsor-style pizza, which means shredded pepperoni, canned mushrooms and heavy on the oregano (it’s fantastic!). The Windsor Pizza Club will steer you in the right direction. visitwindsoressex.com/pizza
10. Take in a show at the casino like Diana Ross on Sept. 8, Bush on Sept. 14 or
comic Andrew Schulz on Sept. 23. caesars.com/caesars-windsor